Doctoral study program „Design and Process Engineering“
Based on profound theoretical knowledge and other skills, the graduate is able to solve, objectively evaluate and formulate the original results of the given R & D task, including their international presentation or implementation, even with regard to their mental protection. This graduate is capable of designing technologies, machinery and equipment in specialized fields such as processes, equipment and lines for the chemical, food and consumer industries, biotechnology and industrial ecology, as well as the pharmaceutical, plastic and plastic industries, using state-of-the-art techniques and trends , hydrometallurgical and related industries.
Proposal of PhD topic for academic year 2020/2021
prof. Ing. Tomáš Jirout, Ph.D.
- Energy requirement for size reduction and pretreatment of wastes and biomass.
- Hydrodynamics of multiphase agitated batch –hydrofoil agitator –reactor system
- Mixing processes in advanced technologies (pharmaceuticals, special chemical production, biotechnology, waste processing, processing of polymeric materials, …)
- Mixing of high-capacity reactors and bio-rectors.
- Mixing and homogenization of non-Newtoniandispersions.
- Mixing of heterogeneous suspension.
- Size reduction, mixing and separation processes for CCS/U.
- Flow and hear transfer in heterogenous materials.
- Technology and equipment for microalgae biomass harvesting, devatering and treatment.
- Fouling in process apparatuses. (supervisor specialist: Ing.Martin Dostál, Ph.D.).
- Spiral flow of non-newtonian fluid (supervisor specialist: Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jan Skočilas, Ph.D.).
- Multiphase flow in process apparatuses (supervisor specialist: Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jan Skočilas, Ph.D.).
Assoc. Prof. Ing. Radek Šulc, Ph.D.
- Numerical modelling of convective drying (supervisor specialist: Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jan Skočilas, Ph.D.).
- Breakup of bubbles and droplets in turbulent flow (supervisor specialist: Ing. Mária Zedníková, Ph.D.).
Assoc. Prof. Ing. Lukáš Krátký, Ph.D.
- CO2 as a raw material to produce valuable chemicals and biofuels.
- Modelling of energy requirement for size reduction of wastes.
- Transport phenomena in equipment of CCU technologies for flue gas cleaning and purification.
Assoc. Prof. Ing. Karel Petera, Ph.D.
- Modeling and simulation of fluid-structure interactions.
- Modeling and simulation of heat transfer in complex systems.
- Modeling and simulation of multiphase systems with moving elastic objects.