Doctoral study program „Design and Process Engineering“
Based on profound theoretical knowledge and other skills, the graduate is able to solve, objectively evaluate and formulate the original results of the given R & D task, including their international presentation or implementation, even with regard to their mental protection. This graduate is capable of designing technologies, machinery and equipment in specialized fields such as processes, equipment and lines for the chemical, food and consumer industries, biotechnology and industrial ecology, as well as the pharmaceutical, plastic and plastic industries, using state-of-the-art techniques and trends , hydrometallurgical and related industries.
Proposal of PhD topic for academic year 2023/2024
prof. Ing. Tomáš Jirout, Ph.D.
- Hydrodynamics of multiphase agitated batch – hydrofoil agitator – reactor system.
- Mechanism and energy requirement for size reduction and pretreatment of wastes and biomass.
- Mixing processes in advanced technologies (pharmaceuticals, special chemical production, biotechnology, waste processing, processing of polymeric materials, …).
- Flow and hear transfer in heterogenous materials.
- Heat transfer in the porous bed of catalysts and heat accumulation layer.
- Rheology, mixing and transport of heterogeneous non-Newtonian dispersions.
- Sedimentation of non-spherical particles in non-Newtonian dispersions.
- Design of photobioreactors for cultivation in extreme conditions.
- Heat storage technology and equipment based on PCM Glauber salt.
- Technology and equipment for decentralized transport, compression and treatment of hydrogen.
- Technology and equipment for the treatment of raw materials for processing in the production of green materials, chemicals and advanced biofuel production technologies.
- Thin film photo reactors for special technology.
- Fouling in process apparatuses.
Assoc. Prof. Ing. Lukáš Krátký, Ph.D.
- Grinding and milling for chemical, food and waste processing industries: experimental analysis and modelling of particle size characteristics and energy demand for size reduction of a given raw material.
- Gas membrane processes to capture and purify CO2 out of multicomponent gas mixtures in low-carbon technologies: Experimental analysis and modelling o process characteristics.
- Effective pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass for biorefinery: Experimental analysis and modelling of process characteristics.
- Modelling a sustainable process-optimized pathway for membrane-X hybrid technology to capture and purify CO2 from multicomponent gas mixtures.
- Combined energy- and CO2-to-chemicals strategy for industrial EU conditions: Design, modelling and energy optimization of a strategic pathway.
Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jan Skočilas, Ph.D.
- Modelling and phenomena description of submicron droplets generation by nebulization head.
- Modelling of viscoelastic materials flow in machine complex geometries of the manufacturing industry (flow of polymer melt in the extruder head, coextrusion).
- Analysis and behaviour description of supercritical fluid for spray dryer.
- Heat transfer and energy storage in the porous environment.
- The effect of cold plasma treatment on biological material.